Our client, one of the biggest outsourcing companies in Ukraine, is looking for a Security Operations Center Engineer in our Kyiv office.
Company offers the opportunity to work in professional and challenging working environment in telecommunications sector. The prospective candidate will have an opportunity to join BICS team on both national and international levels.
We are currently looking for a talented specialist to strengthen our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Kyiv, which reports to the BICS Security department headquartered in Brussels. As a member of that SOC you will perform the Security Operations of both BICS as well as TeleSign (a recently acquired BICS affiliate).
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage security Incidents & Vulnerabilities using our SOC ticketing system:
- Ensure an adequate problem description for each reported issue
- Determine and appoint correct severity of the event
- Be responsible for the accurateness and follow-up of each ticket until remediation/ticket fulfilment
- Provide monthly reporting of the notable security events to Senior Management
- Manage and follow up policy/risk exception and exemptions through their lifecycle
- Manage and follow up Security certificates, track expiration and ensure timely renewal
- Be responsible for logging and tracking of temporary access or privileges
- Coordinate and initiate pentest activities (maintain pentest calendar, resource allocation records and reports database)
- Coordinate and initiate Quarterly User Access reviews
- Participate in the vulnerability scanning process (providing analysis and remediation actions)
- Analyse trends of the functions you are in charge of, identify and maintain meaningful KPI’s
- Apply automation where required and/or meaningful
- Act as a first-line contact point for various security consultations
- Proven working experience in IT Security domain
- Knowledge and sound experience with Unix/Linux and Microsoft operating systems
- Practical knowledge of security systems on the market (eg. Firewall, DMZ, SSL/IPSec VPN, Proxy, Remote Access, PKI …)
- Knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, NGFW, Routers, etc.
- Application security and general information security knowledge (eg. XSS, buffer overflow, URL tampering, SQL Injection, DDoS, Botnets, …)
- Flexible and open for fast changes, always willing to learn and improve
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Will be an advantage
- Basic programming and/or scripting skills (automation)
- Experience with Vulnerability scanners like Nessus, MVM, Qualys, etc.
- Experience with IDS/IPS solutions (Security Onion, Snort, Cisco IPS, NGIPS)
- IT Security Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP, etc.
Responsible recruiter: email@example.com