Scheme of cooperation with recruiting agencies and the average cost of services
The services of freelance recruiters to search for qualified specialists are beneficial both for companies that hire workers extremely rarely and for companies that regularly recruit new employees, which are the main advantages of working with recruiting agencies. In the first case, you can significantly save on the salary of an internal recruiter, in the second case, a recruiting agency is ready to assist in prompt and quality closure of any number of vacancies.
When contacting freelance recruiters, the customer must:
- Provide comprehensive information about the company;
- Indicate contact person;
- Formulate the terms of reference, that is, prepare a detailed description of the vacancy with the requirements for each candidate;
- Indicate the expected time for closing the vacancy, etc.
Next, a discussion of the details of cooperation and the signing of the contract. After recruiters begin the work, the customer will receive a summary of suitable candidates and the comments from a specialist. A professional agency is always ready to inform the customer about the average number of candidates that need to be considered before making a choice. Sufficient staffing allows you to keep this indicator at around 3-8 people. According to the AboutHR experience, about 7% of all vacancies are closed with the first candidate.
If, after reviewing more than eight specialists, the customer is unable to select an employee, then between him and the recruiting agency, there is a review of the vacancy requirements – you need to make sure that the customer’s expectations, opinion of recruiters and market realities match.
Recruiting agencies carry out an effective search for employees, provide information about the current market situation, salary levels, the number of specialists and interested parties, possible reasons for refusal, and assess the chances of finding a suitable employee. Also, a freelance recruiter helps in preparing interviews between the customer and candidates.
The fee for the services of a recruiting agency differs in the following nuances:
- Freelance recruiters are paid only for closed vacancies. This is one of the significant advantages of working with recruiting agencies.
- The cost of services depends on how the recruiting agency works, the level of qualifications of its employees, the availability of guarantees, types of categories of personnel.
- The selection of highly qualified specialists will cost the company 15 to 20 percent of the candidate’s annual salary. Some recruiters offer cheaper services, but without appropriate warranties. International organizations charge up to 25 percent.
- In mass recruiting, the cost of attracting one candidate will cost 0.5-1 monthly wages.
Reliable agencies are ready to provide the customer with guarantees for specialists – up to 6 months, depending on the level of vacancy.
Terms of closing vacancies and the benefits of working with recruiting agencies
One of the most frequently asked questions in the context of what a recruiting agency does, how it works, is, of course, the deadlines for closing vacancies. The selection of IT-specialists requires an average of 2-3 weeks, specialists in marketing, finance, logistics, etc. – 3-5 weeks. The search for a candidate for executive positions can take up to 12 weeks.
According to LinkedIn, only 12% of candidates are actively seeking for work, and about 85% are open to offers. Recruiting agencies do not wait, when the candidates themselves will apply, but use a direct search, knowing where and how to look for the right specialists. Due to this approach, a freelance recruiter can close a vacancy for several weeks, while full-time employees can search for many months.
Would like to receive interesting articles about recruiting?
Subscribe to Newsletter!