The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with product managers, developers, and testers to design, build and maintain a state-of-the-art platform based on the MEVN stack. In this role, you will leverage your experience in building scalable web applications to build a secure, high-performing web application and backend to address a complex and evolving set of business requirements. You will also mentor other developers and assist in growing their skills and becoming contributing members of a high-velocity agile team. This is a completely new product so this is your chance to leave a mark by building it the right way from the getgo!
- Design, code, test, debug and maintain innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
- Focus on creating simple, yet powerful, solutions that are easily understood and can stand the test of time.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in code reviews with both internal and outsourced staff as necessary to ensure a high-quality product.
- Help lead adoption of software best practices like TDD and BDD.
- High Degree of Experience with:
- One or more popular presentation libraries (Vue, Angular, React, etc.)
- Document-based data modeling – proficiency both conceptually (normal forms, nonrelational, etc.) and in practice (experience w/ MongoDB or other document-based databases).
- RESTful API design and implementation
- Must be a full-stack developer, able to implement everything in a MEAN or MEVN stack paradigm (MongoDB, Express, Vue.js, and Node.js).
- Proficiency with best practices for authentication and authorization
- Familiarity with load-balancing concepts
- Familiarity with OAuth and single sign-on (SAML)
- Familiarity with HIPAA and related requirements for handling of sensitive data (e.g., encryption inmotion and at rest, etc.)
- Experience with cloud paradigms and deployments (e.g., AWS)
- Experience with server-side caching mechanisms (e.g., Redis, etc.)
- Experience with the Linux operating system (e.g., Debian/Ubuntu)
- Experience with GIT-based source management (Stash, Bitbucket, etc.).
Responsible Recruiter: email@example.com